The project “CERIecon – CENTRAL EUROPE Regional Innovation Ecosystems Network” deals with the challenge of how to make central European regions more competitive by improving the skills and entrepreneurial competencies in the field of economic and social innovation.
By mid-2019, CERIecon will have changed the way entrepreneurs are inspired, trained and supported by developing and implementing new-type comprehensive regional innovation ecosystems (called Playparks) and a transnational innovation ecosystems’ network to advance economic and social innovation in a majority of central European Member States.
Duration: 01.06.2016. – 31.05.2019. (36 months)
Specific objective: To improve skills and entrepreneurial competences for advancing economic and social innovation in central European regions
- Work Package 1: CERIecon will analyse the current regional and transnational training/service provision for start-ups & young SMEs in order to develop smart strategies and action plans for a better provision through new-type regional ecosystems and a transnational network.
- Work Package 2: The regional ecosystems and transnational network will be established and the Playpark trainers will be trained.
- Work Package 3: Potential start-ups & young SMES will be inspired in regional Playpark idea generation laboratories. Then the best potential start-ups & young SMEs will be selected and will go on a six-month training course at their regional Playpark and in the transnational network. After the training experience they and the Playpark trainers will evaluate the training which will lead to improvements in the training/service provision.
Project Partners: 14 Project institutions from 7 CE Member States/regions:
- Vienna Board of Education, European Office, Austria
- Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria
- Region of Veneto – Section for Labour, Italy
- ENAIP Veneto Social Enterprise, Italy
- Sttutgart Region Economic Development Corporation, Germany
- Sttutgart Media University, Germany
- The City of Bratislava, Slovakia
- Slovak Business Agency, Slovakia
- Grad Rijeka, Croatia
- STEP RI d.o.o., Croatia
- Statutory City of Brno, municipal district Brno-stred, Czech Republic
- The Chamber of Commerce of the Czech Republic, Czech Republic
- Municipality of Krakow – Krakow Municipal Office, Poland
- Cracow Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Poland
- Young Entrepreneurs Association of Slovakia, Slovakia
- I-Europa, s.r.o., Slovakia
- Kraków Technology Park, Poland
- Marshal Office of the Małopolska Region (Department of Economic Development), Poland
- Cracow University of Technology, Technology Transfer Centre, Poland
- INNOAGH Sp. z o.o. Cracow Centre of Innovative Technologies, Poland
- City of Stuttgart, Economic Development Department, Germany
- Cracow University of Economics – Department of Entrepreneurship and Innovativeness, Poland
- Centre for Social Innovation, Austria
- Ca’ Foscari University – Department of Management, Italy
Funding programme: Interreg Central Europe
Project Budget: 3.112.975,00 €
Official webpage: http://www.interreg-central.eu/Content.Node/CERIecon.html